Real Estate Transfer – Submit Electronically
As of March 6th, 2006 transfer returns can be completed online through the Wisconsin Department of Revenue
- A transfer form and fee or exemption number is required for all conveyances EXCEPT when exemptions 1, 2r, 4 or 11 apply.
- Form is to be completed in DETAIL.
- Current rate of fee is $3.00 per $1000 of value rounded off to the next higher hundred. See form for exceptions.
- VALUATIONS MUST BE SHOWN when documents are exempt except if exempt under 77.25(3) and (11).
- Both Grantor and Grantee OR their agent MUST sign form.
- Transfers involving rental property must be accompanied by a certificate of compliance (if not previously done) to prove that weatherization standards have been met, or with a stipulation which is an agreement to bring property up to code. The fee is $50 payable to the Department of Workforce Development for both forms.
The information on this website is presented as a service to the citizens of Richland County and other Internet users. While some of the information contained within is about legal issues or forms, it is not legal advice. We make no warranty or guarantee concerning the accuracy or reliability of the content at this site or to the other sites to which we link.